An opportunity for non-EU nationals to gain residency through investments.
Spain implemented the Golden Visa scheme in 2013 to support entrepreneurs and internationalisation. The main aim of the Golden Visa option was to promote the Spanish Economy and to support the creation of new jobs and the entry of new talent.
- Invest at least 500.000 € in Spanish real estate (mortgage free).
- Invest 2 million € in Spanish public debts.
- Invest 1 million € in Spanish companies (shares).
- Deposit 1 million € in a Spanish bank account.
- Start a business project in Spain of general interest, which creates employment, contributes to technological and/or scientific innovation or has a socio-economic impact on the local area.
Main requirements, beyond the investments:
- Being 18+ years old.
- Having public or private health insurance by a company authorised to operate in Spain.
- Disposing of sufficient financial means, covering personal and family living expenses
- Not having been refused entry into any of the Schengen countries.
- Not having entered or stayed illegally on Spanish territory.
- No existing criminal record in Spain, nor in the place of residence of the last 5 years.
You must prove to be an:
- Highly qualified professional.
- Employee transferring within the same company or group of companies.
- Grants you entry into the EU (Schengen area).
- Furthermore, the investor can apply for the same permit for their spouse or person with similar relation of affectivity, minor children or of legal age, whom financially depend on the main applicant and have not yet formed a family unit, including also dependants in the ascending line.
- You only have to visit Spain once a year in order to maintain the permit, and even then staying for extended periods is not necessary.
- The first residence permit for investors is valid for two years, once that period has expired, non-EU investors who are interested in residing in Spain for a longer period, may apply for renewal of the residence permit for successive periods of five years, as long as the conditions are maintained.
- You obtain the right to work as an entrepreneur or employee once you’ve been granted the two years' permit.
- After ten years you are given the option to apply for Spanish citizenship.
At Pellicer & Heredia we provide a large range of services for investors. Our professional and dedicated team has many years of experience in legal advice, management, real estate, conveyancing, provision and investment opportunities for globally-minded investors. Thanks to our expertise and deep local knowledge, we are able to give investors a professional, tailored and reliable service.
If you would like more information on the Golden Visa Program in Spain or any other legal matter, contact Pellicer & Heredia today on (+34) 965 48 07 37 or email us: email@example.com.