Abogados Alicante

Self-employed work permit

Immigration Magement Service

Do you want to live in Spain and work in your own business?

Then this type of residence is for you.
Residence with a self-employed work permit is a type of residence that gives the right to reside in Spain and to work in one’s own company.
If you are applying for residence for the first time, you must first submit the application for a D visa at the Spanish Consulate in your country of residence.

Required documents:

  • Application form EX-07
  • Fee form 790 code 052
  • Fee form 790 code 062
  • Complete copy of passport
  • Project for the establishment or activity to be carried out, indicating the planned investment, its expected profitability and the jobs to be created.

The project can be accredited by one of the following organizations:

  • National Federation of Associations of Employers and Self-Employed Workers (ATA)
  • Union of Professionals and Self-Employed Workers (UPTA)
  • Inter sectorial Confederation of the Self-Employed of Spain (CIAE)
  • Organization of Professionals and the Self-Employed (OPA)
  • Union of Associations of Self-Employed Workers and Entrepreneurs (UATAE)

Authorizations or licenses required for the installation or responsible declaration.

  • Copy of the documentation accrediting possession of the legally required professional qualifications.
  • Accreditation of sufficient financial investment
  • Certificate of criminal record
  • Medical certificate.
The documents must be legalized and translated into Spanish by a sworn translator.
The deadline for a decision on a visa application by the Consulate is 3 months after receipt of all documents.
After obtaining the visa, the applicant must come to Spain during the period of validity of the visa. From the moment of entry into Spain, the worker has three months to register with the Social Security. Within one month of registration with the Social Security, he/she must personally apply for a residence card.
Contact us today